Creating A Script

Trapped                                                                                                Hope Martin and Alisa Zhel


Trapped is about a teenage girl who puts on a brave face to seem like a happy teenage girl. She has a hard home life, with an alcoholic dad and fighting parents. She makes it clear that one is not always as they seem.


*Camera pans over to 3 girls leaning against lockers, talking and laughing as the title appears.

*As it does close ups to each character, their names appear on the screen.

 Mia: I am so excited to go ice skating this weekend! I already have my outfit picked out.

Kate: Ugh I hope I can go to! My stupid mom is making me babysit.

Bella: HAHAH that sucks.

*The girls shrug and frown.

Alyssa: At least you don"t have to worry about your grades.... I'm literally failing math!

Mia: Well, I love you guys and I'll see you tomorrow.

Kate, Bella, and Alyssa: Bye!!

Bella: Don't forget to send me the math homework!

*The camera catches the girls waving goodbye and Mia turning around laughing and then beggining to look nervous.

* A drone will capture Mia walking home on a long sidewalk, cutting in and out to emphasize time has passed.

*Mia takes a deep breath as she walks up the stairs of her house, already hearing the fighting.

Mom: I'm so tired of you being a bum! This is ridiculous!

Dad: Get out of my face! I hate you!

*Mia witnesses her parents furiously fighting with beer cans in the background.

*The camera pans to Mia walking down the hall trying to ignore the conflict.

*She knocks on her little sister's door and creeks it open.

Mia: (Sadly) Emma I'm home.

*As she walks in farther, she finds Emma in her closet on the floor.

Emma:(sobbing) I just want them to stop fighting.

Mia: I know, me too. Me too.

*Mia leans down on the floor to comfort her sister, then helps her up to the bed.

Mia: Here, why don't you listen to music so you wont hear mommy and daddy.

*Mia puts headphones on Emma's ears as she is sitting on the edge of the bed wiping her tears.

*Mia takes a deep breath and walks to her room.

*She puts down her bag and lays on her bed frustrated, grabbing her journal and pen.

*The camera pans onto the journal, Mia writes "I hate my life" on a blank page.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisions - Credits

Audience Engagement Exercise- The Hate U Give

My Target Audience