Casting

Characters:
Mia - Hope
Alyssa - Sadie
Kate - Sydney
Bella - Sandy
Mom - Mary Jo
Dad - Craig


Mia is the main character so is obviously the most important to cast. For this role I would like someone who is an awesome actor. They need to be able to portray a happy, popular girl and then quickly shift to a troubled girl. I have considered my friend Sadie for this role because she is involved in a lot of films. Although she is great, I am not convinced she can portray the depressed teenager I am trying to convey. Knowing this is such a tough character to play, I have decided myself to be the best choice. I have the image in my head of what I want the film to portray, so i know exactly how to pull it off through my acting.

Alyssa is one of the friends at the locker. It is a small role but very important. This role will help show the popular friendly girl that Mia is. I think Sadie would in fact be great for this role. She dresses very modern and has a popular appearance.

Kate is another friend at the locker. I have a friend Sydney who could also be very beneficial to the film. She has a comforting personality and will look good up against Mia.

Bella is the last friend at the lockers. Sandy would be great for this role. I am very comfortable in front of all three of these girls, so the acting will be natural.

Emma is the little sister. My friend Sydney's little sister is an awesome choice. Sofia is very small and looks very young. She would be able to portray a little girl, while understanding my instructions. Her innocent look is perfect for this film.

The mom is a angry and frustrated character. She holds beer cans and is yelling loudly in the father's face. I for sure know that these characters need to be above 40 to really transport the message. Sadie's parents would be great. The mom, Mary Jo is very good at being loud and on the spot.

The dad is being conveyed as an alcoholic and bum. Although Craig is buff and keeps himself together, I am sure with some costume and messy hair he would work perfectly. Matt also has brown hair so will have more resemblance to Mia (me).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisions - Credits

Audience Engagement Exercise- The Hate U Give

My Target Audience