CCR Question #1 Draft
1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
My product uses many conventions to successfully portray a message throughout the film. For example, I used a over the shoulder shot to show the two parents arguing over the drinking. This almost is an eyeline match because it shows what Mia is seeing from her position.
I used an insert shot of the father and the alcohol. The shot showed the dad's frustration and pain as he was over a counter that was full of empty bottles of alcohol.
I also used the scene of Mia pulling out her notebook from her desk, as a convention. This scene shows Mia rapidly digging for her notebook in order to write what she was feeling. This created a sense of anger. The words written, "I hate my life" shows Mia is crying for help, crying for somebody to listen to her.
This film was created with the social group being highschool students. These teenagers are young, growing, gullible, and going through a very important time in their life. This issue targets alcoholism. Although this issue is specific, the film reaches students as it creates a sense of a "normal life" for Mia. She comes of as a regular teenager, but puts on a smile as she is fighting a rough home life.
This is a very dynamic issue for teens as they feel it is not ok, to not be ok.
My product uses many conventions to successfully portray a message throughout the film. For example, I used a over the shoulder shot to show the two parents arguing over the drinking. This almost is an eyeline match because it shows what Mia is seeing from her position.
I used an insert shot of the father and the alcohol. The shot showed the dad's frustration and pain as he was over a counter that was full of empty bottles of alcohol.
I also used the scene of Mia pulling out her notebook from her desk, as a convention. This scene shows Mia rapidly digging for her notebook in order to write what she was feeling. This created a sense of anger. The words written, "I hate my life" shows Mia is crying for help, crying for somebody to listen to her.
This film was created with the social group being highschool students. These teenagers are young, growing, gullible, and going through a very important time in their life. This issue targets alcoholism. Although this issue is specific, the film reaches students as it creates a sense of a "normal life" for Mia. She comes of as a regular teenager, but puts on a smile as she is fighting a rough home life.
This is a very dynamic issue for teens as they feel it is not ok, to not be ok.
Comments
Post a Comment